For those 45-90 years young, our focus is on movement, stability, strength and increasing mobility.
Why get your parents and your parent’s friends involved in Dynasty CrossFit’s LEGENDS program? Here are some reasons…
- The time is NOW.
- They’ll stay healthier longer.
- They’ll be around other health-minded individuals.
The Dynasty Legends Philosophy
- We use general CrossFit programming principles, but we modify things a great deal to ensure safety because that’s key to any great fitness program.
- We don’t do heavy singles. Strength work happens in sets of 3 and 5 at most and we always stay well below absolute limits. Proper form is even more important in this age range and mobility is a big concern. We don’t no-rep the 67-year old whose joints won’t allow her to hit depth in a squat. We empower and coach!
- We spend a great deal of time on mobility and warm-ups, which often includes core work.
- We may have a chiropractor who works with some of the athletes and advises us on limitations and corrective movements we can use in classes.
- We generally don’t go overhead. Not that we wouldn’t, but our group is limited in that area.
- Smaller dumbbells, lighter KB’s and med balls are a must. Barbells work, of course, but dumbbells can sometimes be used to work around mobility issues.
- As we meet 3x per week, we give them some strength and some conditioning each time. If the program expanded, we might change that slightly, but older athletes need recovery days.
- We give the athletes basic nutrition advice. Most of them already have it from their doctors… eat less sugar.
- We give them small doses of conditioning while monitoring their intensity. We treat them like athletes, but we don’t push them into the red zone. We simply raise the heart rate and get them working with relative intensity.
- We try to focus on movements that will improve quality of life: squats, deadlifts, carrying objects, pushing things – all things they’ll do in real life.
- We tend to stay away from Olympic lifts or very complex movements. They have value, but we’ve found light Russian KB swings are much more accessible and get the hips opening without a lot of impact.
- We think every Dynasty Legend should have a high quality of life and doing basic tasks like getting up out of a chair or off of the ground shouldn’t be something they are concerned with.
Are you ready to sign up? Schedule your FREE No-Sweat Intro below to get started!
WE KNOW YOU WANT IT!TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE; TO BE HEALTHIER, HAPPIER, AND MORE FIT!
We can help with that! Come in and meet with our knowledgeable and caring staff and let us talk to you about how we can help you meet your goals and have fun doing it.